Meet the Team
- Tom received B.S. and M.F. degrees in Forestry from Clemson University. After several years with the forest industry, Tom founded his forestry consulting firm in 1982. He operated as a sole proprietor for three years before incorporating a larger firm formerly known as Henderson & Major, Inc. Tom served as president of Henderson & Major, Inc. for nineteen years prior to establishing Henderson & Associates in 2004, where he served as Partner and President. In 2020, Tom divested ownership in the firm and now operates in the role of President Emeritus. Tom is a Registered Forester in North and South Carolina, has earned the “ACF” designation of the Association of Consulting Foresters, and holds the “Certified Forester” designation of the Society of American Foresters. He is a licensed South Carolina Real Estate Broker and a South Carolina Certified General Real Estate Appraiser. Tom is also a U.S Army veteran having served in Vietnam and the Desert Storm Operation. He served on active duty and retired with over 29 years of service from the SC Army National Guard as a brigadier general. Tom has had the privilege of serving as a board member for the SC Forestry Association, the Newberry County Memorial Hospital, and the Newberry Soil & Water Conservation District. During his tenure as a SC Forestry Association board member, he served as the association’s treasurer twice. Tom has also been active in the Association of Consulting Foresters and served as its SC chairman from 2008-2010. Tom is also a timberland owner and enjoys spending most of his Saturdays working to improve his properties’ appearance and productivity. He enjoys hunting quail, ducks and doves and has a loyal Labrador retriever, Luke, to fetch ducks and doves. Family includes his wife, Roberta, a son LT, a daughter-in-law, Brandon, and two grandchildren, Sylvie and Rhett.
- Originally from Lexington, South Carolina, Corbin earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Forest Resource Management from Clemson University in 2006. He joined the firm upon receiving his degree and has been a member of the team for over fourteen years, serving as a staff forester and a forest consultant. Corbin is licensed to practice forestry in both South Carolina and Georgia and has also been awarded the Certified Forester designation from the Society of American Foresters. Additionally, Corbin has earned the Association of Consulting Foresters designation and is an active member of the South Carolina chapter, serving on the executive committee from 2015-2018. An active member of his local church, he enjoys music, golf, hunting, and fishing. Corbin currently resides in Gilbert, South Carolina with his wife Megan, and their two sons, Carter and Levi.
- Robert has more than twenty-six years of experience as a professional forester – the last twenty-three as a forestry consultant. Bob is a 1978 graduate of West Virginia University and is a Registered Forester in South and North Carolina, a Licensed Real Estate Broker in South Carolina and Alabama, a Certified Wetlands Delineator, and a Certified Prescribed Fire Manager.
- Ronnie, President and owner of Henderson & Associates, Inc., is a licensed South Carolina Real Estate Broker and has been a part of the firm since its establishment in 2004. He is a member of the Saluda, Lexington, and Kershaw County Landowner’s Associations, The South Carolina Forestry Association, and is an affiliate member of the Association of Consulting Foresters. Through his years of experience he has gained extensive knowledge in the areas of buying and selling land, and timberland management. A native of Hartsville, South Carolina, Ronnie is a 1984 graduate of Horry-Georgetown Technical College in Conway where he earned an Associate’s Degree in Forest Technology. Prior to joining Henderson and Associates in 2004, Ronnie worked for over 8 years for the forest industry in the field of procurement, and 11 years of experience in the realm of forest consulting. Ronnie has been married to his wife, Donna, for over 25 years. Together they have two sons: Benjamin, a recent graduate of Clemson University with a Bachelor of Science in Forest Technology, and Brandon, who attends Anderson College.
- Justin is a native of Lexington, South Carolina. He received a B.S. degree in Forest Resource Management from Clemson University in 2010 and a MFR degree in Forest Business from the University of Georgia in 2011. Justin started with Henderson and Associates, Inc. in 2012. He is a Registered Forester, Licensed Real Estate Agent, and an Licensed Appraiser in South Carolina. In 2019, he earned the ACF-designation and is an active member in the South Carolina Chapter. Justin currently lives in Gilbert, SC with his wife Nicole, daughter McCall, and their two dogs, Ellie and Sway. He is an active member at his church and spends most of his free time hunting and fishing.
- Sheree has 20 years experience as an office manager. She has worked in several areas of real estate, which include appraisals, real estate sales and property management. She provides the highest level of support to the team and their clients for Henderson & Associates, Inc. She takes care of the behind-the-scenes tasks allowing the team to concentrate on what they do best – appraising, consulting, coordinating, listing and selling of land and timber. Sheree enjoys the mountains, hiking, white water rafting and exploring. She has been married for 21 years to GySgt Gary Crocker, USMC, Retired. She has a daughter, Stacy, a son, Austin, and a granddaughter named Olivia.
- Ben is a native of Gilbert, South Carolina. He graduated from Clemson University in May of 2017 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Forest Resource Management. He worked in wood procurement for a sawmill before joining the Henderson and Associates team in January of 2021. Ben is a licensed real estate agent in South Carolina and is working to become a registered forester. He is also a member of the Forestry Association of South Carolina. In his free time, Ben enjoys deer hunting, waterfowl hunting, and spending time with his yellow lab, Kimber.
- RJ is a recent graduate of Clemson University where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Forest Resource Management. He received his Associates Degree in the field of Natural Resource Management from Central Carolina Technical College prior to attending Clemson. He is an active member of the Society of American Foresters, and was also active in the first-in-the-nation Student-Chapter of the Association of Consulting Foresters while he was enrolled at Clemson University. Currently, RJ is working towards becoming a licensed forester in South Carolina. A native of Gilbert, RJ currently resides there as well and is an active member in his church.